Monday, December 23, 2013

Feliz Navidad Prospero Año y Felicidad :)

Merry Christmas Family!!!
Christmas here is so weird... it doesnt feel like christmas at all. For one thing its freaking hot! For another thing i havent done anything christmasy... MINUS! we went caroling with the Relief Society and i made a tree out of Jesus pictures! and my companion has a cute little lighty upy christmas tree! we do what we can as sister missionaries to enjoy the season :)

This week has been crazy! Guess what? Im in a new area... big surprise! Monday last week i was in Los Esteros (Guayaquil) with one companion, Tuesday I was working in two sectors with 2 companions and Wednesday I got moved to Santa Rosa and I have a new companion! Her name is Hermana Macahuachi... yes thats really her name and its really not as hard to pronounce as you might think. Surprisingly Whitmore is harder :) But shes about 4' 10'' and peruvian and always happy! Shes great. This area is crazy different from the other 3 ive been in so far. We have our main sector and then 2 little ... towns? that are 15 minutes away by bus. My first two days here we set 5 fechas... i think people are ready for the gospel they are just lazy and dont want to do the going to church part so for every 10 fechas we get an estimated 2 baptisms... sad i know! BUT thats 8 more people that might get baptized in the future!

OH also here i understnad so much more spanish! its weird how people talk differently in different places. Here is slow and crisp and i actually understand whats going on ...60% of the time :) haha Also in my zone there are 2 elders from my district in the CCM AND Elder Duzett! The kid that i went to high school with.. thats still weird to me!
Well thats all I can think of! I love you all. Remember what this season is really about :)
Hermana Whitmore



No comments:

Post a Comment