Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Motherhood and Tsunami´s


April 7, 2014 3:35 PM



 
Hola Querido Familia Mio,

Well, this week has definitely been interesting. Monday, we got the call for cambios. SOOO I was up packing until the wee hours of the morning, and then had to get up early to head out to my new sector in MACHALA! So I get to Machala and meet my new compy, she's a gringita from Colorado, Hermana Brule, and she's got 7 weeks in the mish! Guess what that means: I'm a MOM! ha-ha Step-mom really, but it's almost the same thing. Anywho, so we go out to work and we don't really have a program for various reasons so we were doing a lot of member and conversos visits. In the last visit,  we see the report of the Tsunami, and how the whole coast of South America needs to be on alert. SOO we head back to the apartment and get a call from the elders:"you´re all going to Santa Rosa". I start freakin out because I'm so excited to go back to my home land, and everybody else starts freakin out because of the tsunami. obviously, I've got my priorities straight. So yeah, we head to Santa Rosita and with my really good luck we stayed in my old house. However there were definitely 10 of us sleeping on 4 mattresses.... so yeah that was fun.

Not to worry, nothing happened in Machala and we came back the next morning safe and sound. Then the rest of the week was pretty normal. We are still looking for people to teach, and we just seem to be in a dry spell, but I'm not giving up hope!! If there is a will there is a way right? RIGHT? 

So yeah, it's been fun to be in a new area, but it definitely was sad to leave everyone in Santa Rosa. I learned so much there and I feel like it's my home away from home, but I know that I will be able to make whatever area I'm in feel the same way. 

OK: conference, I really didn't get to watch it because we were stressing about investigators and all that fun stuff, plus it was in Spanish and when I'm stressin´ my Spanish brain doesn't work as well. So when the Liahona comes out with all the talks, I'll let you know what I liked! ha-ha

Well that's all my fun news! can't wait until next week :)

Hermana Whitmore


No comments:

Post a Comment