Tuesday, June 10, 2014

I've passed my halfway mark!

Mika tempts me!June 2, 2014 2:25 PM




Hola familia! 

I'm going to explain this heading.. we were doing our shopping in supermaxi today and guess who comes on the radio?? MIKA!!!!! oh my word... i was dying... i can almost resist most music but when mika comes on i had to sing along... i just had too!!!!! Don't worry I'm going to repent tonight :)

Ok so we had two baptisms this week. two of the kids of Patricia (she was baptized last week) Maya and Marco. I don't know why baptismal services are always so stressful, but they are! We finally for once show up on time and guess what?? No one is there! So we are calling people asking why no one is there and apparently bishop told everyone it was at 8:30! ah! But it all ended up ok and a few people showed up! It was so cute, right before the actual baptism Maya was so excited and nervous that she shed a few tears! That's a pretty good sign that your investigator understands how awesome baptism is and what a great gift it is!

OK other miracle time. Sunday morning we went to check on all the people for church and marco and maya weren't in their house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my gosh we tried to stay calm hoping that they would be back before church started so we went to look for more people and we were passing my some menos activos and none other then marco is there. He tells us that he can't go to church today because he's going to help his boss in another town!!! ah!!! so we went to talk to his boss and told him how important it was that Marco go to church because he was getting confirmed and his boss was all, oh ok! I'll drop him by his house so he can go to church! ah! 

ok now funny story time. Last night we were doing companion prayer and sometimes its a little hard to hear because your faces are in the pillows and the fans are going.  WEll, my comp was saying the prayer and she stopped talking.. i thought "o shoot! she finished and i didn't hear it" so i say amen and then shes all ... "en el nombre de jesucristo.. amen?" Oops,  i totally cut off her inspiration! we are going to start doing comp prayer side by side now :) haha 

Well that's all folks! i love the mission, i love my life, i cant believe I'm more then halfway done! yikas!!! 
i love you all! have a great week! 

Hermana Whitmore 

What a week!June 9, 2014 2:23 PM
Well this week started out interesting, because i thought that i had escaped the cambios! (those usually happen on Monday night) BUT Tuesday night, elder Thomson calls me and tells me i need to be at the bus station at 6 in the morning.. i literally cried! Machala was sooo awesome and David (the miracle child) was finally going to be baptized this week with his sister! His mom was finally starting to soften up and everything was going awesome. Well because I'm an obedient child, i packed my bags and was at the station.. guess where they sent me? That's right, Guayaquil. I'm in Centenario... again! Yikas.. i got to the sector and all these memories started flashing back and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing... I've tried to leave that Hna. Whitmore in the past. So this morning i did a super study on how not to be the same missionary as before so that i could enjoy this sector to the fullest. It was awesome... All about loving the people and changing and all that good stuff. Anywho... I'm in a trio now and that's definitely interesting.. I've got number 5  peruana(companion from Peru) and my first Ecuadorian... But they are both awesome. I feel really tall.... We talk late into the night but we are being obedient because we have the lights off! haha 
We had a baptism this week... i don't really know Giovanny,  so i can't really say anything... 

Also we got to listen to 2 general authorities this week. Elder Clayton and Elder Waddell... I learned sooo much from them both! Its not really anything i can explain or i would try :)

The greatest part of the week was that we put fechas with a couple that's been working toward baptism for 6  years! Their son left for a mission about 3 months ago and i think that's what did the trick. They went to the special conference with elder Clayton and talked with Presidente Torres and It was as easy as that! They are getting baptized next week! Woohoo! I love it when miracles like that happen and i can actually see them :) and how the gospel changes lives and how now they can work toward becoming an eternañ family! 

Well that's all i got for you folks :) i love you all! Have a great week! 

Hermana Whitmore

1- Maya and Marco (children de patricia)

2-Giovanny

No comments:

Post a Comment