Thursday, September 5, 2013

Week Numero Uno

Dearest Familia,
 
Oh how i miss you!!! the work here is so hard, but i know it will be worth it in the end. So of coarse i got here late and I have felt behind ever since. But you know how I was joking around about my companion being the girl that I met at the airport... yeah nope thats totally my companion! She is amazing and I love her to death, her name is Hermana Bennett and she is from Vegas. My district is so awesome: There are 8 elders and 4 hermanas, we are all going to the same mission expect the other 2 hermanas. Yeah, Im the oldest and I feel super old! All the elders are 18 years old and just barely graduated from high school! It is so sad to see them be homesick because none of them have been away from home before. I mean I have homesickness pretty bad and Ive lived in another country, I cant even imagine what they are feeling.
 
The MTC here is called el CCM and the cool thing is that everyone here is learning spanish so everyone is working on it all the time, so we get lots of practice!
They seriously throw you into the deep end here-no joke! On Thursday we taught our first "investigator"- Martin. Yeah, he only speaks spanish... but not really because his real name is Hermano Wolfe and we saw him at breakfast!!!! He plays this investigator that he had to teach and he is all " i don{t know if i believe in God, i dont want to pray for you, I dont have faith, god cant love me because ive done to many bad things." It is seriously so hard, we go in there and I can feel the spirit but I don{t have the words to explain what we believe. I just have to keep telling myself that this is only this first week here and to give myself time, just because missionaries are blessed with the gift of tongues (el don de linguas) it doesnt mean I can become bilingual overnight.
 
Alright, what else? what else? I got a calling in my districto to keep all 4 of us in check, its pretty easy because no one is too crazy!! Yesterday I like broke down because i was not understanding spanish and i was all homesick and it was awful, so during language study me and a couple elders had races on the whiteboard to memorize words and it helped so much!!  Today we got to go to the templo en el ciudad de mexico. It was so nice to feel peaceful and just stop thinking about how hard the next 18 months are going to be. We listened to the whole thing in spanish so its a good thing ive gone enough times to know what was going on. It was so beautiful and it was amazing to be there with so many missionaries.
 
The food here really is not too bad. It is strange sometimes but i havent gotten sick and for the super picky people they have pb and nuttella and bread, fruitloops and frosted flakes. Every once in a while i indulge and get some cereal but it never keep you satisfied because we go all day! that part is kind of weird, i thought it would be harder because i was a super-bum before i left but the 6:30 to 10:30 hasnt been bad at all! All those early morning swim choir and seminary are finally paying off because im the only one in my room to get up in the morning when the alarm goes off! So my days pretty much go like this: 6;:30 wake up and get ready, 7 personal study, 7:30 breakfast 8-12 language, personal and companionship study, 12 lunch, 12:30 more studying 4:00 teach martin 4:30 freakout because i can{t understand spanish 6:00 dinner 6:30 language study 7:15 more language study 9:30 plan and get ready for bed! whew. and that is everyday!!! Sunday are nice though because they do devos and church and movie night.
 I love you all immensly like so much its not even funny :)
 
 Hermana Whitmore
 
P.S. the keyboards here are different so thats why all my punctuation is awful.
 
 Mi districto at el temle
 My little hermanos in my district. They are so amazing and cute and spiritual!
Me and Hermana Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment